This year, I decided to dress up as the famous Japonica kanji review notebook. I took a few hours this weekend to paint the cover sign.
This is the underpainting. I used Sakura Acrylic Color as the primary medium. I used water to make a wash.
Building up more layers.
Overall view. I started making the back side, but I ran out of time this weekend. Maybe I can finish it in time for the Halloween Party!
Finally adding the vein details of the leaves.
The mostly finished version! I had to skip a lot of details in order to have something to present this week. I could easily spend hours perfecting the realism of the painting.
The kids responded well, and someone said in office this is the scariest costume of all. I’ll bet that kanji drills are not fun! Hope to see all of you at the Halloween party!